~Everything’s Just Peachy~
Are you one of those people who “are known for” something? I’m not really sure that I am…but my grandmother was.
She was “known for her peach cobbler.”
She took it everywhere! If there was a potluck…she took peach cobbler. If she made dinner for someone…she took peach cobbler.
Now the funny thing is that she never really had a peach cobbler recipe…written down. If you asked her how to make it, it was “a handful of flour” or “about a 1/2 glass of milk.” I would always ask, “how big of a handful?” or “what size glass?” I’m not sure she ever used a measuring cup when she made her peach cobbler or gave me a straight answer!
Unfortunately, I don’t have her official recipe. But I’ve tried several and I’m sharing how I make peach cobbler, which is the closest I’ve come to the cobbler she served. Plus, it’s really easy!
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 large can of sliced peaches, in heavy syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Mix the sugar, flour and milk together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Spoon the peaches into the baking dish and pour the syrup on top.
- Do not stir.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
You are always Welcome at My House!
Stay informed of new inspirations, projects & exciting news.
Click below and subscribe to House on the Way…