Today I’m sharing another cookie recipe from our holiday cookie day. These Lemon Snowballs are delicious little crunchy cookies that have a sweet lemon flavor. They have the added flavor of nuts and confectioners’ sugar.
This recipe comes from the 2003 Taste of Home’s Christmas Cookies recipe book, but I did make a few adaptations to the recipe.
The original recipe calls for almonds, but since I had walnuts on hand…that’s what I added. I also left out the grated lemon peel…because I didn’t have any…I tend to make due!
Even though I made a few adjustments, I’m sharing the original recipe with you today.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Cream butter, sugar and egg until well blended.
- Add the lemon juice and peel.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Add the chopped almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks and cool for 5 minutes.
- Roll in confectioners’ sugar.
You are always Welcome at My House!
Stay informed of new inspirations, projects & exciting news.
Click below and subscribe to House on the Way…